You might have many great pound cake recipes, and I cannot wait to find more. There are a few ingredients needed, just a few steps, and then, BAM! baking and voila!
I'll give you guys the quantities for a single loaf and the ones for 2 loafs in parenthesis, if you like it and want to try it again ;) This recipe doesn't need baking powder because the eggs and oil make it really fluffy.
- 4 large eggs (7 medium eggs)
- 1 cup sugar (2 cups)
- 5 tablespoons water (7 tablespoons)
- 5 tablespoons oil (7 tablespoons)
- some salt
- 1 cup flour (1 1/2 cups)
- vanilla, lemon, or other flavoring you like
- cocoa (if you want it marbled)
- Pre-heat the oven and prepare your baking tray.
- Mousse the eggs whites.
- Place the sugar in a pot, pour the water over, and melt the sugar over some heat (like on the stove). Make sure you get a syrup like looking ingredient and that you don't burn it.
- Pour the above syrup on the mousse and mix well.
- Pour the salt over the egg yolks, mix with a fork, and pour over the meringue above. Mix well.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the flavoring and mix well.
- Pour the mix in the tray and bake for some 30 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean if you prick the pound cake in the middle.
- Follow the steps 1 to 8.
- Pour the mix in the tray saving some 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter over which you pour the cocoa. Mix well and then pour on top of the rest of the batter with a left/right motion.
- Bake it like above.
the cocoa mixture on the left. use a teaspoon to 'cut' the batter, to have some cocoa IN the pound-cake
You can further decorate your pound cake with any topping you like. You can also add raisins, nuts, or other dried fruits.
© Charly Cross 2013 - present. All rights reserved.