- 1 or 2 large carrots, or maybe 2 to 4 smaller ones
- some vinegar
- some salt
- some oil – the default cooking oil here is made from sunflower seeds. I remember using olive oil once, but it was too heavy and the taste was not the one I was used to.
For instructions, read below the images. ;)
I used a pretty big carrot.
peel and wash the carrot(s)
Shred the carrots. Julienne works nicely too.
season with salt, add oil, add vinegar, in no particular order, and mix.
- You can add a green (or more sour) apple as well.
- You can also add shredded raw white cabbage.
- You can use mayonnaise instead of salt, oil, and vinegar. [not vegan anymore, and heavier]
- I don’t think the apple and mayonnaise go well together, but you can try if you are that curious.
This salad is perfect throughout the year. I can’t say I like it more plain than I like it with mayonnaise, but the one with apples is my least favorite. I usually feel bloated after having this one. It tastes pretty nice by itself.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not vegan, but this doesn't mean I eat meat all the time. Yes, I used the tag [hoping] for more exposure, but I think it's connected or relevant.
This salad can be enjoyed by those who follow a vegan diet or lifestyle as well.
© Charly Cross 2013 - present. All rights reserved.