I'm addicted to coffee and most everyone who knows me, knows this about me. I'll drink coffee in almost any form, at any given hour, even right before going to bed. Yes coffee can be bad for me when I overdo it. I started to tame my addiction by drinking only in the days I work, not not so much before bedtime.
Let me share my coffee "recipe" with you guys. I now drink Turkish/Greek coffee because I don't have a coffee machine anymore. I don't even want one.
INGREDIENTS - for 1 serving:
- 1 small cup of water [140 ml]
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- sugar, or sweetener, or whatever you put in your coffee to make it sweet
- unflavored milk - any type, even soy, as long as it has no flavor.
- Pour the water in a large enough pot.
- Pour the coffee ground in the water.
- Turn the heat on to medium and place the pot over.
- If you use the pot method, for the Turkish (or Greek) method, wait by the pot until the water/coffee starts boiling. The water level will rapidly increase at boiling point and that's when you know your Turkish (or Greek) coffee is done.
Now it's time to pour the coffee in your favorite cup, adjust it for taste with sugar, milk or whatever else you like, and enjoy it!
Turkish and Greek coffee use the same method of coffee-making, on the stove. It can be tricky at first, but it definitely has a different aroma. If you have any other 'recipe' for coffee, please share.
I sometimes drink instant coffee, as seen below. In that case, I boil some water, put 1 or 2 teaspoons for instant coffee in a small cup and then pour hot water. Mixing with a teaspoon is mandatory.
Adding sugar [or sweetner] and/or milk is optional. I often drink my coffee black or with milk. I really dislike the sweet coffee.