This is a recipe perfect for a hot summer day - Watermelon granita! The recipe is not mine, I tried it and it's delicious! :)
- Difficulty: easy!
- Price: depending on how much the watermelon costs.
- Servings: 4 people
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: no cooking involved!
- Refrigeration time: 3 hours in the freezer
- 800 grams of chopped watermelon. I had a double quantity.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 120 grams of icing sugar - I used 300 grams of caster sugar. Too much!
Pour in a rather shallow bowl and freeze for at least 3 hours.
Scratch the granita every hour with a fork. -oops, I actually didn't do this.
Pour in some large glasses with a small mint leaf, and serve. I also didn't do this step. Mostly because I don't have mint leaves.
Well, we drank it on the spot. it was crazy sweet. You might want to cut down on the sugar.
Bon appétit !
© Charly Cross 2013 - present. All rights reserved.
Notes: The recipe first appeared here [still my blog] But I found it on a French forum. The pictures are mine though.